Happy Women’s History Month! We had a great jam last Saturday, playing some of our favorite women songwriters (Missed it? Join us next month!)
YouTube Channel Theme: Women Songwriters
This week – and all month – I’ll be sharing ukulele tutorials on my YouTube Channel that feature women songwriters and moments in women’s history. In this week’s #TeachingTuesday – No. 10! – learn to play Stevie Nicks’ song Dreams, recorded by Fleetwood Mac in 1977. It’s just two chords! (Ok, three if you want…)
After watching through the tutorial above, keep learning with me!
- Download a song chart for this and other songs in my Ukulele Studio Resources Google Drive Folder
- I’ve put together a Women Songwriters Playlist of tutorials for songs written by women
- Check out my YouTube Channel for more general ukulele tutorials
International Womens Day Songwriter Showcase
In the intro to the tutorial, I mention my International Women’s Day Songwriter Showcase. That takes place this Friday, March 10, 7:00pm at Artichoke Music in Portland, OR. Please join us in person or via livestream, using the following links:
- Purchase in-person tickets here
- Bookmark Artichoke’s YouTube channel and tune in for the livestream at show time, or watch later (Note: the livestream is free, but links provided for donations during the show)
Who are YOUR favorite women songwriters?
As I continue to post tutorials and perhaps a few song studies this Women’s History Month, let me know who *your* favorite women songwriters / songs written by women are. Drop me a line here, I’d love to hear from you.