Ukulele Bike Jam
August 20 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm PDT
Making its debut at Portland’s Pedalpalooza 2022! (That’s likely not true, I can’t be the first person to lead an ukulele bike jam in Portland…)
Join me (song leader) and Lois (ride leader) for a tour of Portland’s parks, making stops along the way to sing and play songs on our ukes that have (perhaps barely) something to do with our different stop locations. A great chance to meet other biking ukulele enthusiasts, explore our fair city, and put those learning-by-ear skills to the test (don’t bother trying to fit a music stand on your bike, ’cause I’m not bringing music!).
Ukulele Bike Jam Details
- NEW DATE / TIME: Saturday, August 20 – 5:30pm meet up at Colonel Summers Park, 6:00pm play, 6:15pm ride!
- Register to get all the important event details, including a sneak peek at our route and song choices
- What to bring:
- Your bike and helmet (duh)
- Your instrument (vocal or handheld)
- Recommended: Water, Night lights for your bike
- Optional: Blanket for sitting at stops, a friend!
This event is FREE. No payment is expected, and no payment will be collected with registration or at the jam.
Those who attend our online and in person jams know we usually work from a songbook. In this case, we’re going to keep it simple – no music stands, no songbooks, just our ukuleles! Each song will be a 3- or 4-chord song with a repeating pattern that is easy to learn on the spot, and possibly improvise verses to. You don’t need to know the songs ahead of time, but if you’d like a heads up about what songs to expect, please register here now. I’ll be sending an email closer to the event with final details, including our song list and some resources to help you prepare.
Do you have a song suggestion? I am always eager and interested to learn new songs, artists, music traditions. Let me know here.