It’s fairly easy for some folks to pick up the ukulele and get themselves started. However, at some point, everyone needs a bit more guidance, perhaps some accountability, and the fun and support of a community to get them to the next level of their playing. That’s exactly what this workshop series is designed to do!
Workshop Series Description
Beyond Beginner Ukulele (BBU): Workshop Series is designed to introduce participants to different skills and techniques to improve their overall playing and musicality. Over the course of 8 weeks, we’ll cover rhythm, ear training, how to sing and play at the same time, and instrumental music for ukulele, including how to read music and/or tablature. While this workshop series is aimed at advanced beginners, intermediate and advanced players are welcome to join to refresh their skills and/or explore an area of musicianship new to them.
I recommend Beyond Beginner Ukulele (BBU): Workshop Series for players who are comfortable with:
- playing 4-chord songs in the key of C
- a basic strum pattern
- taking risks to learn new techniques
- curious about other ways to develop one’s musicianship
Workshop Series Details
These workshops meet live on Zoom:
- Thursdays 11:15am-12:15pm PT (check your time zone here)
- 8 weeks: October 5 – November 30
- Registered participants receive a meeting link, as well as recap emails and practice videos for each workshop they’ve registered for.
- Workshops will be recorded and shared with registered participants after the conclusion of the workshop.
Participants are welcome to enroll in the series, or in individual workshops:
- October 5-19: Rhythm – Strumming & Fingerpicking Patterns for Ukulele
- October 26 – November 2: Ear Training – Learning and Playing Without a Song Chart
- November 9-16: Instrumental Ukulele – How to Read Music with Your Ukulele
- November 30: How to Play and Sing at the Same Time
Note: When you register, please use the drop-down menu above to select individual workshops or the full package.
About the Instructor
Learn more about me here. 🙂