Intro to Ukulele Melodies & Arrangements is an ukulele class for players new to reading music notation and/or tablature. With individual melodies and arranged instrumentals, we’ll learn to let our ukuleles sing, so we don’t have to.
I recommend Intro to Ukulele Melodies & Arrangements for players who:
- are interested in playing more instrumental music (as opposed to sing’n’strum)
- are open to taking risks to learn new techniques and material
Having previous experience with musical notation (reading notes on a piece of sheet music) is helpful, but not required.
This class will focus on learning the notes of the C scale, and a variety of melodies and arrangements we can play with them. We’ll learn what this scale looks like in musical notation (on sheet music), as well as in ukulele tablature and on the actual fretboard. We’ll use familiar tunes like Row Your Boat to get started and gradually move toward more complicated familiar tunes like Shenandoah.
This class will meet on Zoom:
- Wednesdays 5:00-6:00pm PDT
- 6 weeks: May 4, May 18 – June 15 (no class May 11)
- Registered participants receive a meeting link to use for the entire term, as well as weekly recap emails and practice videos.
Those unable to attend class times but still interested in taking the class may also take the class by EMAIL. Registered participants receive a weekly email with materials, instructions, and practice video links. Please use the drop-down menu above to select your desired “cohort”.
About the Instructor
Learn more about me here. 🙂