As of September 2022, I’m hosting my online ukulele jam on Zoom on the 1st Saturday of the month, 1:00-2:30pm Pacific time (check your time zone here). This is a great chance for ukulele players all over the world to connect and sing and play together.
Those that are able are encouraged to donate whatever they can to keep the music going. Teaching and sharing music with others is my livelihood – your financial support at this time is deeply appreciated.
- Continue registration here to pay with a credit/debit card ($5, $10, or $20)
- Skip registration and Venmo @averyhillstudio *OR* PayPal email@example.com.
- Skip registration and make a check payable to “Avery Hill”. You can mail it to: Avery Hill, PO Box 40073, Portland OR 97240.
- Any amount at any frequency is gratefully accepted. THANK YOU!
Upcoming Jam Details
- October 1: Welcome Back Fall Jam!
- November 5: Dia de los Muertos – celebrating songwriters and musicians we lost this past year
- December 3: Holiday Jam – including songs from various traditions and cultures
- Join my e-newsletter to get the songbook, meeting link, and confirmation of upcoming jam dates.
- See you there!
As mentioned above, you can gain access to the jam songbook by joining the e-newsletter here. With the invaluable help of our beloved jam “chatsistant” Lois Leveen, I’ve done my best to put together a songbook that represents a variety of genres, songwriters, and musical traditions. I’ve also tried to make sure we’ve got songs you won’t find at most other ukulele jams. For example, we’ve got everything from folk favorites from The Carter Family to an ukulele adaption of “The Wind Cries Mary”, by Jimi Hendrix. We’ll play “Bring Me Little Water Sylvie”, by early 20th century songwriter Leadbelly, and then “Closer to Fine” by late 20th century rockers The Indigo Girls.
… And everything in between …
Do you have a suggestion for our songbook? I am always eager and interested to learn new songs, artists, music traditions. Let me know here.