The creative process can be an inspiring, fulfilling, yet lonely journey. This songwriting workshop series is designed to support your individual writing experience in meaningful community with other songwriters.
Songwriting Workshop Series Description
This Songwriting Basics & Beyond: Workshop Series introduces participants to the fundamental elements of songwriting, and explore different approaches to engaging with them. Each songwriting workshop will feature one of three elements: lyrics, music, and arrangement. We’ll study existing songs that offer interesting examples of each element, but we’ll spend most of our time working with prompts and invitations to engage with these elements more consciously in our own writing.
I recommend Songwriting Basics & Beyond for those who:
- want to learn about songwriting by doing it regularly
- are open to taking risks and trying things just to see what we learn
- are willing to engage in a regular writing practice for the duration of the workshop series
All levels of experience with songwriting are welcome, including absolute beginners. Prompts and exercises will include multiple options to accommodate the challenges you are ready to take on!
Songwriting Workshop Series Details
These workshops will meet the last Saturday of each month:
- September 30: Writing Lyrics
- October 28: Writing Music (Melody and Chord Progressions)
- November 25: Arranging Your Song (Verse, Chorus, etc.)
Participants are welcome to join us one of two ways:
- Live / recorded on Zoom: 10:00am – 12:00noon PT (check your time zone here)
- Live in person at Lincoln St Church, SE Portland: 2:00-4:00pm
- Registered participants will receive link / location details, as well as recap emails and recordings of Zoom workshops. (In case you are not able to join us live, you can still access workshop content.)
To register, use the drop-down menu above to select an individual workshop or package. Please indicate in the Comments section whether you intend to join via Zoom or in person. (Note: You may mix and match if you prefer!)
About the Instructor
Learn more about me here. 🙂