What happens when you get a bunch of ukuleles playing instrumental music together … a UKESTRA, of course! Our ukulele ensemble plays a variety of instrumental pieces with different parts suited to different levels and experience of playing.
Ukestra Ensemble is part of my instrumental ukulele series. Classes in this series focus on reading music notation and/or ukulele tablature, playing melodies and harmonies on the ukulele, and other ukulele ensemble playing skills.
This is a mixed-level ukulele class for players of various learning styles and experience. All kinds of ukuleles are welcome: small-bodied, baritone, *and* U-Bass!
I recommend Ukestra Ensemble for players who are familiar with:
- the notes in the C scale, and playing them in simple melodies
- a basic reading music and/or tablature on the ukulele
- taking risks to learn new skills and techniques
- open to learning music that may be unfamiliar
This class meets live, in person, in Portland, OR:
- Thursdays, 7:15-8:30pm
- 8 weeks: October 5 – November 30 (no class November 23)
- Lincoln St. Methodist Church: 5145 SE Lincoln St., SE Portland
- Registered participants receive weekly materials, recap emails and practice videos.
- In person students are encouraged to play at an Ukulele Celebration Recital, tentatively scheduled for the afternoon of Sunday, December 3.
Please note: This class requires at least 8 participants to run, to make sure all parts are covered. If that threshold is not met, class may be cancelled.
About the Instructor
Learn more about me here. 🙂