Ukulele by Ear: Love Gone Wrong is a mixed-level ukulele class for players of various learning styles and experience.
This class is part of my ukulele by ear series. Classes in this series focus on tips and techniques for learning and playing a song *without* music. Each term features a different theme or genre of music, but most songs come from traditional folk music traditions of the past and from all over the world.
I recommend Ukulele by Ear for players who are comfortable with:
- playing 3-chord songs in the keys of C, D, G and A
- a couple basic strum patterns (Standard, Swing, Calypso)
- taking risks to learn new techniques and materials
Everyone enjoys a love song, but we all know relationships don’t always turn out the way we thought … but they make for great songs! I’m still in the process of putting together our song list, but will likely include traditional and/or popular songs like Barbara Allen, Long Black Veil, and the original lyrics of The Water is Wide. What are your favorite songs of love gone wrong? I’m always open to incorporating requests into our class material – let me know here.
This class will meet on Zoom:
- Wednesdays, 11:15am-12:15pm PDT
- 6 weeks: May 4, May 18 – June 15 (no class May 11)
- Registered participants receive a meeting link to use for the entire term, as well as weekly recap emails and practice videos.
Those unable to attend class times but still interested in taking the class may also take the class by EMAIL. Registered participants receive a weekly email with materials, instructions, and practice video links. Please use the drop-down menu above to select your desired “cohort”.
About the Instructor
Learn more about me here. 🙂