Ukulele Pride! Queer Voices, Writers & Anthems is a mixed-level ukulele class for players of various learning styles and experience. We’ll focus on expanding our repertoire of chords, strumming / fingerpicking patterns, and occasional riffs and fills to complement our playing.
This class is part of my ukulele theme study series. Classes in this series feature a different topic of study each term – genre, style, artist, etc. – as applied to the ukulele.
I recommend Ukulele Pride! for players who are comfortable with:
- playing 4-chord songs in the keys of C, D, G and A
- a couple basic strum patterns (Standard, Swing, Calypso)
- taking risks to learn new techniques
I’m still putting my song list together for this class, and would love your input! Who are your favorite queer performers and/or writers? What are the songs that have meant the most to you and your sense of self as a queer / non-heteronormative / non-binary individual? I am really looking forward to learning with you and from you in this class – thank you, in advance, for your openness and willingness to learn together!
This class will meet on Zoom:
- Thursdays 6:30-7:30pm PDT
- 6 weeks: May 5, May 19 – June 16 (no class May 12)
- Registered participants receive a meeting link to use for the entire term, as well as weekly recap emails and practice videos.
Those unable to attend class times but still interested in taking the class may also take the class by EMAIL. Registered participants receive a weekly email with materials, instructions, and practice video links. Please use the drop-down menu above to select your desired “cohort”.
About the Instructor
Learn more about me here. 🙂