Folks, it’s been a loooooooong 2+ years and I HAVE MISSED YOU. Because I’ve been podded up with my elderly parents and my too-young-to-be-vaxxed child, I was slow to return to our in person ukulele jams. But I am telling you … I AM READY.
In the “beforetimes”, I led monthly in person ukulele jams at local non-profit Artichoke Music here in Portland, Oregon. It was always a great chance to connect with others and choose the kind of challenges that felt right for each of us, wherever we were in our musical journeys.
I’m excited to say: IN PERSON JAMS ARE BACK !!
Ukulele Bike Jam – New Date: Saturday, August 20
Join us for a tour of Portland’s parks, making stops along the way to sing and play songs on our ukes that have (perhaps barely) something to do with our different stop locations. A great chance to meet other biking ukulele enthusiasts, explore our fair city, and put those learning-by-ear skills to the test (don’t bother trying to fit a music stand on your bike, ’cause I’m not bringing music!).
- New Date: Saturday, August 20 – 5:30pm meet up at Colonel Summers Park, 6:00pm ride!
- Register here to get all the important event details, including a sneak peek at our route and song choices.
- Don’t forget to bring your bicycle and your ukulele!
- Optional: Bring a friend!
Traditional Jams – July & August
These in person ukulele jams will feel really familiar to the jams we enjoyed in the beforetimes, with one exception: we will meet OUTDOORS.
- Saturday, July 23 – 1:00-3:00pm – Lincoln St United Methodist Church in SE Portland
- Friday, August 12 – 6:00-8:00pm – W Hills UU Fellowship in SW Portland
- Register here to get the songbook, location address, and other important event details
- What to Bring:
- your ukulele (of course)
- a camp chair and portable music stand if you have them
- a printed copy of our 2022 Jam Songbook if you can.
- Note: we’ll have extras of everything, except – perhaps – ukuleles. 🙂
- Optional: Bring a simple finger snack or beverage to share (no alcohol, please)
Tons of in person musical fun ahead – I hope you can join me at one, several, or all of these events! Questions? Suggestions? Comments? Feel free to drop me a line here.